I’ve acquired a bunch of Raspberry Pis over the years since they were first released in 2012, and was recently asked what I’m using them all for.
So here’s my collection of Pis in active use:
- Two Pi Zero Ws acting as motion-detecting security cameras with the ZeroView mount
- One Pi attached to the official Raspberry Pi Touch Display on my desk acting as a home automation control panel and camera monitor
- One Pi in a pi-topCEED mounted to the wall acting as a radio display
- A Pi-hole Ad Blocker device - a dedicated Pi running Pi-hole
- A FlightAware ADS-B receiver in the garage
- An Enviro+ air quality and environment monitor for the study where I work
- An OctoPi instance running OctoPrint for my 3D printing experiments
- An OpenWebRX instance monitoring international radio traffic
…as well as a few on the side earmarked for future projects!
The ability to have a remarkably powerful, relatively cheap, general-purpose computer dedicated to a project is so valuable!